Apr 18, 2014

Unique Gift Container

Who doesn't like the insulated canning jar cups that are out on the market now? I've found a way to use them as part of the gift AND the wrapping! They are coming out in some really great colors now & you can even buy extra replacement straws too!

This is going to be a really quick post, but I wanted to share it with you in case your scrambling for a last minute Easter "basket" for someone special. In fact, this idea is perfect for any time, not just Easter!


Insulted Drink Cup Gift Containers, Drink cup, container packaging, thermal cup, canning jars, insulated drink cups

My older sister lives in a group home with 3 other ladies and they all have some kind of mental disability. My sister has Downs, and we just recently had it confirmed that she has the onset of dementia. I'm trying to figure out what I need to do from here, as it seems to be progressing quicker than I'd like to witness.

I always try to do something for each of the members of their house at the gift giving holidays and even a little something for their staff, because those ladies put up with a LOT!  Actually, I don't do enough for them, but I try.

I wanted something different from the usual basket that they really have no other uses for, and I hate to waste my money on such disposable items. I wanted them to have something useful & yet make it look a little pretty in it's presentation. I have a ton of tulle ribbon, so this was a another use for that, even though it barely made a dent. 


Hot Pink Insulated drink Cup, insulated cups, solo cups, graduation, summer, party,

I purchased the cups at Walmart. They're less than $5 each for the smaller ones, like these. This cup is for my sister. Her favorite color is purple, but since they didn't have that in their selection, this is what I settled for. I tied hers with some turquoise tulle and the others have light pink. She loves bright & festive things, so this should please her.

Great Gift Idea, Clear drink cup with pink lid, wedding party gifts, bridesmaid, bridesmaids, groomsmen
This is one of the other cups that's clear, so you can see the contents inside. It's still hard to tell, but there's a little bit of Easter grass in the bottom to make it feel festive.

I'm hoping you were a little bit inspired to think outside of the typical gift box with this unique & useful idea!

 Happy Easter & God Bless!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Sorry to hear about your sister. That must be tough to witness. I'm sure though, she'll appreciate your gift and thoughtfulness. It's a great idea. Useful too.

Tracy said...

These are adorable and I love this idea…I know I will be using this in the future.
My daughter and her friend seem to exchange sweets on birthday's and such. Always trying to come up with creative ways to gift them to her, this is perfect!
So sorry to hear about your sister. It is hard to see someone you love so much go through this.
Hugs to you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...