Nov 2, 2012

Da Dum, Da Dum, Da Dum (Jaws music playing)


Well folks, the time has finally arrived. This is the weekend of my 1st craft show. I've never gone this big before. I'm usually doing good just to fill ONE space, but now I'm doing a huge 21x8 foot space - all. by. myself. I'm also in a different location, which most of the customers that visit this show know to go to my old location that I shared with a friend. She still has that spot that is on a stage. I'm in front of that stage. I've been shamelessly plugging the show & my booth. I hope it works & I hope they like what they see.

I've had to borrow a race car trailer from a friend just to haul the furniture and the tables and a few boxes of stuff safely. Never had to do that before! Yet, there is still a ton more projects that didn't get finished in time, plus, I've been working on more while pricing, inventorying & packing what is done. 

I have no clue how to set up my booth. I had visions of grandeur by creating a darling space, but I seriously doubt that is how it will turn out. We'll see.

To help with that vision, I painted & stenciled this large louvered closet door that I found.
doors, bi-fold doors, door decor, wedding decor, painted furniture, farm house style
I intend to use it in my booth to hang lightweight items and add some interest to the space. I don't plan to sell it, BUT everything has a price (right?) so who ever would want it would have to like it better than me to pay the steep price tag I put on  it. 


The design was made using my Cricut to cut the contact paper to create a stencil.

It's the same design that I did on a ladder back chair that you can see HERE, minus the frame and flourishes.

It was a bear to do, because the contact paper didn't want to stick the first time, I had to repaint the black portions and redo because of so much paint bleed through.

It's hard to remember to take before pictures of my projects and it was a challenge to remember to even take the "after" shots as well because I've been pumping projects out & I guess I'm just not a blogger at heart to put it first in my priorities. I apoligize for my lack of follow through during this time. I have one more show in a month, but it's not nearly as big as this one, but if I sell a ton, then it could be the same scenario all over again. LOL! Even though I'm tired, I'd welcome it.

Have a great day!
Photobucket 
I'm linking up to these parties:

PJH DesignsFunky Junk's Sat Nite Special

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I wish you all the best of luck with your craft fair.
I am sure you will do great with it. Your projects are awesome!!!

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

Hi Beth, I hope you did really well with the craft fair. If all your projects looked as good as this one I'm sure you did. I love it. I've got to get me a Circuit. Maybe Santa will bring me one. lol We've been missing you at Transformed Tuesday. Won't you come back by and share? Hugs, Peggy http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com/2012/11/transformed-tuesday-13-features.html

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

What a great little piece! You did a great job on it. Hope you did well at the craft fair. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/11/make-it-pretty-monday-week-22.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Anonymous said...

HI,


I am your newest follower and was hoping that you would follow me back!

www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

Thanks,
Sarah

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Beth, I hope you had a very successful craft fair. I've been looking through some of your projects and it looks like I've just got to get one of those cricut machines!

Cassie Bustamante said...

these are fabulous! i hope your fair went well!!!

ibshell said...

Sweet! I hand't thought to paint messages on the blank spots. Excellent idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...