Apr 28, 2012

Weekend Goody Finds!





It's that time of year for us crafty types and junk hunters, isn't it? You know....that time of year. When the true sign of spring isn't the budding leaves and newly emerging flowers. 

Oh no. Those aren't the signs.

...it's the signs that say "Garage Sale - Flea Market - Estate Sale -Yard Sale - Sale - Sale - Sale!" And, there's even those of us that are the occasional curb shoppers too, looking for the free finds from those in the midst of their spring cleaning that don't want to put the time and effort into fixing stuff or having a garage sale.


I wasn't going to go out on Friday, but by about 11 o'clock, I couldn't resist anymore. I do wish I wouldn't start that late and I usually know better. I drive around to all these sales and find nothing or see the items with the "SOLD" tags on them that I missed out on and would kill for. But. This day was different! Not that I brought home the mother load, but I was pleased with what I found. 


Then on Saturday, we all hopped in the "Loser Cruiser" to check out a little flea market in South Bend, but it turned out to be kind of a dud. There was definitely stuff there that was wanted by "yours truly", but not for the prices they were asking. We walked out with a Guitar Hero II game for $2. It works great, so that was a really good price! 

On the way home, we stopped at a church rummage sale and I found a couple of things that was only 50 each. I spent a whole dollar! 

Then we stopped at a moving sale. There was quite a lot of stuff, and the prices couldn't be beat! But I only bought a really nice quality wreath for 50 cents.

I will try to give the run down of what's in the photo underneath it.
Magazine rack = 50 cent (Sat. Church sale) not pictured here is a grapevine Christmas                                     "thing" that was also 50 cents.  
Wreath = 50 cents (Sat. moving sale)
Cute pocket basket with pegs = $1 (Fri. garage sale)
Stuffed snow family = $1 They were removed from something else, but they're so cute!                                              (Fri. garage sale)
Wooden bowl = 25 cents. (Fri. garage sale)
Stencil brush = 25 cents. (Fri. garage sale)
2 primitive styled plates = $1.50  each.  (Fri. garage sale)
Wire basket = $1 and it was bent out of shape, but I was able to bend it back and it looks                  just fine! (Fri. garage sale)
Crocheted doily = 50 cents (Fri. garage sale)
Dark belt = 75 cents (Fri. garage sale)
Light belt = 50 cents. (Fri. garage sale) I am keeping my eyes open for belts these days               because I have a special use for those! 

I know it's not even May yet, but I have my sights set on Christmas for many of the crafts I find. I had a lady at the Salvation Army talking to me like I was crazy for buying the Christmas item I had in my hands. I told her that I do crafts and I have to get interesting Christmas things when the gettin's good. She still looked at me like I was a freak. That's OK, if she comes to my craft show in Nov., she would be the one buying that stupid thing I have in my hands because she won't be able to walk out of there without it. ;)


What about you? Do you do the garage sale, curb shopping, Christmas decor in summer thing too? Tell me I'm not alone in my insanity...

Photobucket




 
I'm linking up the following parties:

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Nope just you, you are insane, lol. Just kidding.
Unfortunately I never seem t find anything good. Plus I have so much of my own crap I should get to first, lol.
You know when we tell someone we are "Crafters" shouldn't that be enough, lol.

Sherry said...

Beth, you had some terrific finds. I just wish I could do the same here in the Bahamas... sometimes I get so envious. I know you're gonna have a great time with the transformation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...