Apr 24, 2012

Boring Organization Time....


I know a few of you that have been working on getting your homes more organized. My attempts are few and far between, yet probably more in need of constant attention than those of you who are making way better progress than I. I'd tip my hat to you, but I probably couldn't find it in the heaps I have around here. Like I keep repeating myself, I don't call my blog Under A Pile of Scrap for nuthin'! It's not just scrapbooking supplies either. I'm trying hard not to become one of those hoarders you see on TV, but I swear I'm borderline and Pinterest ain't helping! LOL!


I did manage to get another small area more organized, even though it's not one that I necessarily mess with much, but I hate it when I do...and that is our dreaded Entertainment Center cabinet! Ugh! 


 Nice?   Not! This side holds all the video game players, controllers, portable DVD players, video games and DVD's, etc., etc., etc....

 
This side ain't no better. It holds the overflow of DS games, DVD's, VHS tapes and the ever-lovin' growing stock pile of coloring books, sticker books, writing tablets, magazines that all belong to my daughter since her birth (she's exactly 8.5 yrs. now). And we have disposed of a few during that time.


And now here are the improved versions:
I think I see faux woodgrain ...and the hole in the back even! 
:O)


I still would like one or two more baskets, but this is MUCH more do-able, especially since all the DVD's & VHS tapes in the back are Christmas ones. 

I know I could sell many of the kid's movies I have & clear out the other large video storage cabinet I have and to make room in here, but I also have a son in college and thinking ahead, I could very easily become a grandma in the near future and I want to have a good supply of movies on hand for any grandkid(s).


My husband will probably complain that I didn't need to spend money on the baskets (they were only $6 each @ Walmart) but I did attempt to recycle by using the nice sturdy boxes that a 12 pack of Ramen Noodles comes in, but I felt they were an odd size and I would have needed lots more of those! Even though I could stand to lose a few several pounds, I'm not quite up for a ramen noodle diet.

I was going to try to do something creative with these baskets to "cute" them up, but it was challenging enough just get the organizing done! LOL! Besides, they're not on display and no one really ever sees them, so I didn't see the point in going to the extra trouble. I say, put my efforts into where it can be more appreciated.


Have a creative (and better organized) day!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Claudine from ReStory.ca said...

Oh, Beth, I hear you... I was actually thinking "is anyone else out there like me?" Because I seem to have great spaces but some spaces are out of control, lol! Like my office, I keep pilling stuff there...
Good job on the media cabinet!!!
We can't keep everything organized all the time!

Tracy said...

Congrats on following me on my organizing adventures ;)
As for video tapes, my girls won't let me get rid of them. Too many memories they say. When the girls move out, the movies will follow them, teehee.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...