Feb 6, 2012

I AM working on stuff...honestly!

Ever been in one of those in-between modes creatively? I am right now - again. I've started back into finishing that pink and black mini graduation album I started last May. I have managed to get the left half of the Senior page done and the background done on the right-hand side. I started to put together the little booklet for the photos and was trying to follow the tutorial from Kathy Orta's envelope mini on Youtube. 
 

It's a 5 part series so you'll have to look for the other 4 videos if you watch this one. I tried to get them all to load on here, but blogger wouldn't let me for some reason. I've never tried to link a video on blogger or anywhere else before, so bear with me. Anyway, this is a huge tutorial. I thought I could improvise by using some envelopes I had on hand. Well, as it so happens, they would not work for my application. I tried, I really tried to make those suckers work. They beat me, beat me bad. So I caved and went to Micheal's today to get the envelopes that are hopefully exactly what I need. While I was at it, I bought the blank cards too. I don't understand it though. I can buy the 5x7 size pack and get BOTH the cards AND the envelopes together, but to get the A6 size, and you have to buy them separately. seriously? And I didn't even need that many cards or envelopes. slight disgust here.


I AM determined to get this made, even if it's the last one I ever do (the Kathy Orta mini, I mean). I might be a staller, but I'm no quitter. hee hee...


And, if I'm feeling really froggy, I might even try my hand at doing a video of the finished book. Don't hold your breath, I'm just puttin' it out there. It kinda makes me a little more committed. 


So, how was your Super Bowl festivities? Ours was minimalist style. It was just my hubby, daughter and myself, so no big plans or going all out. Alan made the basic crockpot meatballs and cocktail weenies in grape jelly & cocktail sauce. It's pretty good stuff, in case you haven't ever had it. I made some bacon wrapped chicken bites that I seen on one of Paula Deen's shows.
Here's the link to her recipe: Chicken Bacon Wraps.
They are delicious! 

And for dessert, I made these ....

....giant chocolate chip cookies that I found on Hating Martha blog. The recipe is quite different than what I'm used to making with the Toll House recipe, but they're good! 


Anyway, I don't know if it's my age or what, but I suffered from heartburn overnight so bad that I've been up since 1:30 a.m. I have been having problems with heartburn for at least a month now and Pepcid AC isn't working and I still have to take a Mylanta tablet that doesn't work either. I just know I'm getting it whenever I eat anything anymore.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh your bacon wrapped chicken looks so good.
As for heartburn I have been getting it lately as well.
I have even woke up with it...whats up with that!
Still working on that album eh? Just get it done girl, you'll feel so much better :)

Beth said...

Yikes! I better put a source tag on that food photo, it ain't mine....

I had heartburn when I went to bed, so I took something. I woke up 2 hours later with it again & took 2 more things for it & it still never went away.

I am really trying to get that album done now. I have so many other projects that I started that need finished too.

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Hi Beth...and I am about to make your day again!!! I am awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award over at 21 Rosemary Lane. Stop by to grab it while it's still hot!!!

Also check out my giveaway...it's a fabulous tote bag from 31 Gifts. The link is at the bottom of the post where you pick up your award!

Congratulations and have a great day!!!

hoosiergirl said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog! Love your blog! Lots to look at! I also plan on checking out the "I hate Martha" one you suggested... Have a FAB Indiana day!

Anonymous said...

Beth,try eating dill pickles for your heartburn. It works for my sister. Janet from SC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...