Sep 15, 2011

Are you ready for some halloween?

First, I want to say that if my blog is acting or looking a little wonky, it's because I finally brought it into the 2nd decade of the 21st century by converting it over to the new Blogger format. It's taking a little getting use to, so we'll see what transpires.

Today I have something to share that I think turned out pretty cute, IF I do say so myself! ;^)  Online somewhere, I've seen a cute witches hat that sits on a table, so it's a bit more lifelike in size. I thought it was adorable! So, I sat down and made myself a pattern (not having a clue if I was doing it right) and cut out my fabric pieces, then I painted them, sewed them, and with my beginner's luck ingenuity & talent, it turned out EXACTLY the way I had hoped! But now I have to decorate it. I already had the cute little dimensional rusty star for the tip of the hat. It needs a band of some sort though. I wanted it to be colored, but not brightly, because I'm more into the muted tones for some reason. So, since money is tight this week (& THAT'S and understatement) I thought I could make my own bands with some leftover material from the hats, and that's what I did! I honestly can't get over how happy I am at the way the colors turned out exactly the way I had them pictured in my tiny little mind. You know how that goes sometimes? You can picture something in your head to make, and in that perfect little world there inside, it looks stunning, but in all reality, it turns out looking NOTHING like the beautiful vision we just knew it would be & it's gets trashed or saved in hopes you can salvage it at a later date for some other perfection project.



So far, I have one with an orange band and a purple band made. I have a yellow band dyed & ready, but I need more paint to finish others. I want to make a green banded one and debating on a natural tea stained one, as well.I also tied a few rounds of twine around the band too for a little added somethin' somethin'. My hope is to make 10 of these, but may only get the six that I currently have pieces cut for. I added some orange pip berries and called them good, but I might add a vintage looking tag, but other than that, 2 are done!

I know these don't fit into my craft shows because the shows aren't until AFTER Halloween, but I'm hoping to sell these to the ladies at my bank, so that I can have some spending money for the two weekend trips we want to take in Oct., which is why I would like to try to sell 10. I take my stuff into the bank and never have any extras and I feel bad that they have to debate over who is going to get to buy it. Sometimes I can only make one, but this is a little different. I just need the motivation, and spending money should be enough motivation, eh?

So, whatdoya think?

Now about a less interesting subject....I think I just might be making some progress with my mother's situation and it does make me feel a little bit better, but I'm thinking there's going to be a legal battle after it's all said and done. I don't look forward to that, but it will have to happen if I want someone to pay for what they've done. And I do.

And what is with this weather? We go from the air conditioning to the furnace in the same week! It was so hot last week and now we're supposed to get frost tonight! I need a break in my electric bill! At least for one month.... :^(

OK, I guess I chatted long enough. Maybe I should post more frequently, but it's so hard to find the time. I don't know how some of these people do it.

God Bless and have a great day!

I have linked to the Chic On A Shoestring Friday Link party!



Beth (I don't know what happened to my custom siggy)

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I LOVE, LOVE those witches hats, Stunning!!!!

As for the weather, we had heavy frost here today...I had to scrape my jeep windows :(

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

The hats are fabulous! Great work.

Coley said...

Those hats are adorable! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :) Have a wonderful weekend! We have been having 30 degree weather at nights the whole week and this weekend we are supposed to be in the 80s!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...