Jun 18, 2011

Father's Day card

This is the card that I literally whipped together in about 15 minutes for my dad on Friday. I thought this paper from the Proper Gentleman line by Graphic 45 was awesome for making a card for my dad. I picked up the Billionaire Cricut Lite cartridge the other day at Walmart, since it was marked down (finally). I love the vintage masculine cuts on it & the clean cursive font is nice too. That is what I used for the title on this card.

this paper has cool, easy to cut vintage cars on one side of the paper & the fabulous looking advertisement collage on the backside. One piece of paper to make a card. Well, I did use some coordinating brown for the mat & letters. The key is from Joanne's. And a little tidbit that I discovered about those keys....if you sand the black paint off them, they're copper underneath. I didn't do that on this card, but I did on the masculine Graduation mini album that you can see here.










This is the inside of the card before I wrote the saying: "Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad."

The frame cut is from the Cricut cartridge Ashlyn's Alphabet. The little circle emblem is cut from the Proper Gentleman line by Graphic 45. I was going to ink the edges of this with Tim Holtz Tea Stain Distress Ink, like I did on the front, but forgot because, like standard operating procedure, I was pressed for time to get this thing off to the post office before the pick up deadline.

I've still been working on the other pink & black graduation mini album, but I'm also trying to get things cleaned, prepared & made for my own son's graduation party in a few weeks. I managed to get the back fridge cleaned. The laundry is mostly caught up & put away. That seems to be a major accomplishment in itself! I still need to work on some more scrapbook pages for the party & I have a special display board I want to make that seems to be a bit intimidating for me at the moment. I need to get some foam core board for it. I will be sending out photo invitations early this week.

I also received some distressing news about my mother. I have not spoke with my mother in over 2 years & even though she's getting herself into a serious predicament, as hard as it is to do, I am not going to help her get out of it. Just so that you can have a better understanding of my situation....my mother is mentally ill. She can be violent & tries very hard to be controlling. She treats me more like a child than she did when I WAS a child, not to mention that she makes serious accusations that is extremely disruptive & upsetting to my entire family. For those that tell me that I have to remember that she is mentally ill, it's so much easier said than done. She is persistent & annoying to a fault. She tires you out. I have dealt with this progressively my entire life. 45+ years is a long time to deal with something that is just escalating as she gets older.

So, if you can find a moment to say a prayer for her. I'm just praying that when her situation comes to a head, another door opens that will be better for her in the end.

God Bless & have a great day!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Your Father's Day card is stunning.
I thought I had this paper pack, but this paper doesn't look familiar. But I did get it awhile ago :)

I too am a procrastinator, and seem to do things at the last minute :)

Again I love your card.
Sending you an email

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...