Nov 15, 2010

Breathe........

Well, I am happy to say that I can finally get a bit of a breather now. My two back to back craft shows are done & I am thrilled to say that they were both a HUGE success for me! I now have enough funds from my sales to purchase a fairly decent laptop now & a set of tires for my van! WOO HOO!!

I was also happy to hear from many customers that my friend & I have a "fan base" following for the shows we participate in. We even had a few say that they only come to those shows to come to our booth every year! How cool is that??

I was glad to notice that when it was all said & done, I only had 2 long flat totes of stuff to bring back home instead of an entire van load!

The worst part of the last craft show was that my hubby made the poor judgment to try to burn some leaves while I was out, but thinking that he had them all extinguished, left to bring me lunch & then wait it out to help me load up after the show. He had only been at the show for probably 15 minutes when he got a call from the neighbor that our woods were on fire!! Lucky for us (the Lord was watching over us for sure!) the wind was blowing in a northerly direction, but if it had been blowing to the south, it would have taken our house, since he wasn't that far from it to begin with. We also started to get a few light rain showers & that help keep things in a check a bit too. Ya know, I was gonna make a questionable remark to him on the phone about burning leaves so close to the time for him to leave, but I let it go...you can bet we have a new leaf burning rule now! Here is what it looks like today. Some of the pics don't show the black real well, but whatever looks darker on the ground is the burnt part.








































Also, that same day, a friend came to the craft show & told me that she was awoken at 4:30 a.m. to discover that THEIR woods was on fire! Can you say Holy Smokes! Luckily, theirs wasn't too serious either, but pretty scary, none the less.

So, after a pretty hectic month, I think it's safe to say that I can take a tiny breather. It will be short lived since my house is a total wreck from neglect & I can't even really blame my family since most of the mess is mine from making crafts. I can blame my daughter for the one in the living room though. NONE of that is mine.

Well, it's getting close to bedtime here for the kiddo, so I will keep in touch again soon! Hope everyone is getting things around for the American celebration next week. I can't believe Thanksgiving is already upon us!

PS...have you been checking out the black Friday sales? Oooooh!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...