Nov 10, 2009

The craft show was a HUGE success!

As some of you may know, I had a craft show on Nov. 7 & was totally stressing out in trying to prepare for it. Yes, I procrastinate the whole year in getting stuff made, but it's not like I'm not crafting anything! I did have a craft show in the Spring too & did quite well with that one, so much so that I even got a few orders. I have a couple of new orders still outstanding that I need to get my butt in gear on too!

These ladies probably think I fell off the face of the earth! They work where I bank at, but I have not seen them at any time that I've gone in there, & the last I knew, they weren't in any hurry for them, Thank Goodness! I think that time is running out for me though, since one wants something made with snowmen.

Anywho, back to the craft show...I didn't sell as many of my own crafts as I would have liked, but I'm not complaining, I came home with half of what I actually made. The rest of my sales were from purchased items that I bought wholesale. I made well over $300 in sales! Woo hoo!! That's about 3x more than I've ever made at any craft show I've ever done & I've been doing them for 10 yrs or more.

I made up a few Hand Sanitizer bottles with characters on them & sold 3, which I didn't have that many to begin with. I sold the Cars picture frame that I altered. Those are usually a big hit & I make no 2 alike, so they all have original designs.

Here are just a few of the things that I made with vinyl & my Cricut machine to sell. Of these 3 items, only the Tinkerbell bottle sold. There was another lady at the show selling chargers & tiles with vinyl designs on them, so it's a good thing I didn't go that route & I didn't simply because I figured someone would be doing just that (plus she has SCAL-her designs were gorgeous!). So I only made one charger simply because I had this design in my head for quite some time & was dying to try it out! I love the result, but it might have been a little easier if I could have welded it in Design Studio or the new Cricut Gypsy, which I don't have either.

Here is the Charger that I used the swirly tree cut from the Christmas Noel cart (I think?) Ihave been wanting to try to make a star image using this tree, but my original plan was to make it a 5 pointed star, but I cut them too small & I was NOT about to start all over!



This is the TinkerBell Hand Sanitizer bottle I made & used Stickles to sparkle it up a bit, but the stickles doesn't want to stay on the vinyl. It flakes off pretty easy, but it's a good thing this is a pump dispenser & won't get much handling on the image (hopefully).

















This is a small jar candle that I thought would look really cute with the evergreen tree cut around it. This is one that I wish I had DS for, because it sucked getting all those tiny green parts onto the beige background for a cut-out look.

















Well, like the fool that I am, I have a 2 DAY craft show again this weekend in the same town! So, me thinks I need to go make some new stuff so if the same people return, they'll have something different to look at. It ain't like I don't have enough supplies to make more either! DOH!!

So, that's my cue to get off here & go do something!

God Bless & have a great day!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Sandi said...

congrats on a great craft show, your items shown are adorable. Hugs

🌈🌈🌈 said...

WTG Beth!

Andrea Amu said...

So happy to hear that your craft show went well, and i hope the 2nd round is just as great!

That charger is awesome! Love the trees put into a star shape... it's gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...