Sep 22, 2009

Some more additions

So, a few people were asking what the pull out tag looked like from the Christmas page in the previous post. I went back & took a shot of the front, which the text has been embossed, & one of the pocket on the backside of the tag. The pocket is to hold the letter or a picture of it (whichever I might have) for her to see later on.

Front Side:

















Back Side with Pocket:

















This is a page I had to do for my Design Team assignment, which was to create a Christmas page using older non-Christmas paper. so I chose the 3 main patterned papers from Making Memories for this one. I'm not all that sure I like it, but I do think it's kind of pretty. I think it's the green that's not doing it for me.





Next are these cute little treat ornaments. I had just enough of a scrap piece left over from "The List" Christmas page in my previous post to create these 2 little folded ornaments that can hold a small treat, but you can make them a little larger, if necessary. I like the foil paper for these, because it makes them look more like an ornament. I just added some dimensional stickers to them & even came up with a cute little snowman that I created by using some button stickers by Reminisce. He's another one of those, "I don't know if anyone else has done this, but I thought of it on my own!" kind of ideas. *snicker~snicker~*





OK, I have to say that I have loved the vintage look of this scenery holiday paper from Bo Bunny since it came out! I think I could easily buy it all up! I think it sort of pairs up well with the snowflake paper from SEI. The colors are a little off, but not in certain lighting & it looks great in this picture together!






Then I made this sweet little box also from the Bo Bunny vintage paper. I simply cut it with the scalloped square shape from the Storybook Cricut cartridge & followed the box making instructions that I previously posted here. I made the little scalloped circle phrase using a Quickutz nested Flower die around a "Something Sweet" Just Rite stamp image. These would be very cute to put pieces of fudge in for someone that you just want to do a little something for.







And last, but not least, is this card I made up to display at my demo day at my LSS using the Just Rite circle stamps. There is a little trick to these stamps & I'm not totally sure I have it figured out, but I did find that when you are placing the stamp on the block, to get an even fit, you need to start from one side or the other & gently push it on going in the opposite direction. If you don't, you get little bumps that tend to get ink splotches in places you don't want, especially around the edges. I think the images actually need to be a bit taller to help prevent that, but that's just one scrapper's opinion...;) They're still very cute stamps & if you want to see some truly amazing creations, you need to check out their site: Just Rite Stampers.


So, that's it for now & these projects were sadly my last design team projects for The Memory Zone. They will be closing their store by the end of this year after 9 years of being in this community. I have met some wonderful people at this store & have made some truly amazing & gifted friends through them. It is with a heavy heart that I will have to come to say "good-bye" to my favorite store. It is a great loss.

God Bless & have a great day.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Sandi said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting, yours is delightful, I will visit often. Sandi

Karen Pinsonat said...

These are awesome projects! That little box is precious!

🌈🌈🌈 said...

Nice!!

Andrea Amu said...

Wonderful projects, Beth! Sorry to hear of The Memory Zone's closing! That is a bummer :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...