Sep 16, 2009

Simple stuff, but fun!

I have had some very busy weeks here since school started. Gee, I thought I'd be able to relax, get some cleaning caught up...but NOOOOO, of course not! I've had funerals, illnesses, Endoscopy's, demonstrations, meetings, used sales, yard sales etc. to get ready for! I'm not even close to being done, but I have manages to get some projects done (thanks to needing some for demo day at The Memory Zone) & some wild hair inspiration along with design team requirements. Whew! It feels good when I get these things accomplished though, whether they're required or not.

Here is a Halloween page I did, because I was verbally "challenged" my a staff member at the Memory Zone to come up with something unique using the cool new die cut paper from Reminisce. Boy, did I think I was clever when I decided to cut it into 2 sections & make a 2 page spread out of it. Little did I know that Angela Ploegman, Design Team member of Reminisce , had already done a page almost exactly like mine! I went to see if someone there had used it in a different way, but my page was essentially complete at that point. I was disappointed that I wasn't the first to come up with the idea, but glad to see that great minds think alike! ;)

Mine is quite a bit different from Angela's, aside from cutting the die cut paper apart. I used Reminisce witches hat paper & used the backside instead for the background because I was looking for a gradient effect to look like a sunset. The paper wasn't exactly the way I wanted it to look, so I used Hollyberry Red Glimmer Mist at the top to give a more orangish-red hue. I love how it turned out! Then I used black Stickles on the moon to add a bit more of a subtle accent to it. Looks kinda cool in real life. I used the same yellowish-orange cardstock from the title behind the house & pumpkins to add a bit more "glow" & added some yellow stickles to the pumpkins faces.

Next, I created a shadowed effect with the new Quickutz "Halloween" 12 inch border title that I thought was so cool, I just HAD to have it the moment I saw it!!

The cute little font at the bottom is Jack Sprat cut at 1 1/4" from the Lyrical Letters Cricut cartridge. This page was so fun & easy to do, the hardest part was finding the pictures I knew I had somewhere! LOL!










This is sweet little tag or ornament that I made for my demo at The Memory Zone last Sat. I used the Flower Nesting shapes from Quickutz & the snowflakes too. I cut them from a turquoise sugared paper from Doodlebug. The snowman was stamped using the JustRite circle stamps in the Something Sweet stamp set. I colored it in with colored pencils & cut it out. I think it looks cute with the trendy winter colors of red, white & turquoise! This was the most popular idea at the demo that day.

















These are a couple of very simple treat/gift bags that I also made for the demo. I like to show people that you can make something that looks very cute, but very easy to make. These were a hit, but not quite like the snowman above!


































This was card I made using some older Bo Bunny Holiday paper, but I used the the stamped circle text as a background for the card. I think maybe the decorative swirls might have looked better, but what's done is done.




This was an assignment for my design team project. I was to use the fabulous new Christmas Time line from Reminisce in a layout. This line is just GORGEOUS!!! So much sparkle & shine, enough to put a gleem in any scrapbooker's eye! This line is a standout show stopper, so I tried to keep it a bit simple so as to not overwhelm & take away from this darling picture of my daughter holding her Christmas List before giving it to Santa. It's still a really striking page, if you ask me.

The little arched area with the date at the top of the page is actually a large tag made from one of the Present stickers in this same product line. I printed my journaling on it & then embossed it so that it would have a bit of shine & texture. The slickness of it allowed me plenty of time to add the embossing powder before the printer ink dried. Then, on the back of the tag, I created a pocket from one of the scrap pieces left over from the matting I cut. This pocket is intended to hold the letter, if I can find it, as I believe that I was able to retrieve it from Santa once he stored into his memory bank at the North Pole. If not, there just might be a photo of it somewhere also. You might not be able to see it in this photo (you can click on any of the images to enlarge them) but there is a red jewel that I used on the reindeer's nose.

Well, sorry that this is soooo long, but when I talk, I talk a lot! LOL!

God Bless & have a great day!
Photobucket

2 comments:

🌈🌈🌈 said...

GRRRRREAT projects Beth! I really love the wicked Reminisce pages.....good thinking with the die cut paper.

I feel your "busy" pain. I thought I'd get some free time to clean up my craft room and all I've managed to do is rack up more work hours at school! Ugh!

Kelly C. said...

Awesome stuff, Beth!
Stunning and beautiful!
Keep up the great work and SLLOOOOWWWWW DOOOOWWWNNN & BREATHE SISTA!
I am sending you a relaxing moment {{{R E L A X I N G M O M E N T}}}

xoxo
KC :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...