Aug 13, 2009

Disappointment

Well, the announcement was made last Friday, but if you're following Bo Bunny's blog, you know that I did not make their highly sought after design team. They said they had HUNDREDS of submissions for it. It would have made a great belated birthday present for myself if I had. But let's face it, I'm trying to run with the big dawgs & I think I'm just a dachshund. I get easily discouraged with these things, but I keep hoping one day I'll break into the land of recognizable designers, at least a little bit. I'm not looking to make a living off it, because I know I don't have that kind of commitment to lots of companies & commend those that can & do. I dream of it, but also live with my reality that it just might not ever happen. I say might not....;)

So, I kept it kind of under wraps of what I submitted, because I didn't want to jinx myself, but it didn't help (obviously). I'm hoping that maybe I made enough of an impression on them to at least ask me to be a Guest Designer - that would be cool!

This is the layout I did & I thought it was an "out-of-the-box" design that was really fun! Maybe I should have tried to find green Bo Bunny CS for this instead...












This is the card I submitted, but was not too happy with how it turned out. I kind of wished I would have added some extra embellies to it, but Ahhh, we know how good hind sight is, don't we????





















This is the altered object I made. It's a bottle of hand sanitizer that I added some rub-ons to with a ribbon of paper around the top & some star cardstock for the background color. I like to add it to the back of the bottle so you can easily see how full your bottle is withouth taking away from the design. I'm sure they would have been more impressed with a mini-album, but I've made 3 of them suckers this year already that have 13 pages in each one, so I'm a little burned out on mini books at the moment.

So, tune in tomorrow for another boring saga of "The Way Beth's World Turns".

God Bless & have a great day!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Kelly C. said...

Beth!
This stuff is great!
Keep on trying girlfriend!

rose said...

beth these are beautiful,keep trying one day that ship will come in,you are so talented
hope you get a guest spot

Lydia said...

Sorry to hear that you did not make the team, but I LOVE your frog soap container so clever and your layout is wonderful too!

🌈🌈🌈 said...

The T.V. is sheer Beth genius!
Keep trying girl!

Andrea Amu said...

Awesome submission, Beth! Sorry you did not make the team, but neaither did I,lol! I guess we keep tryin'... it's so hard to make manufacturing teams!

That soap dispenser is the cutest idea... luv it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...