Jul 22, 2009

Gettin' it done!

If you're confused about which season it is? Don't be. No, it's not Halloween, or even Fall, for that matter. I had started this 2 page layout last year in the Fall, after receiving these gorgeous K & Co. glittery papers from my Secret Sister - Cher (thank you so much girl!). The pictures are of my daughter, Brooke from 2007, after she has just turned 4. I ADORE these photos of her!! I love them for at least 2 reasons: 1) She wasn't posing at all & I couldn't believe that I actually got great shots without even trying. We were trying to get the usual staged shots, but she was goofing off & in a moment of taking a break, I got these. I love them so much that I think I could scrap them a hundred times. 2) The 2 main photos are the perfect Sugar & Spice contradiction. On the left is the sweetest little angel you'll ever meet & can't resist, but on the right is the temperamental & bored "Are you done yet?" look. I think it's too funny that you see the little tattoo on her forearm & her rocker peace sign with her fingers. These are the moments that REALLY make me glad I scrapbook!

Aside from all that, I was so glad to be able to use one of my many favorite scrapbook lines & that's My Little Yellow Bicycle. The flocked shapes & die cut border paper worked beautifully with the K&Co. paper. Then, can we talk about that amazing tree from Fancy Pants? I just didn't think you could do it justice without putting a big ol' moon behind it! And let's not forget about those gorgeous black jeweled Prima swirls!! Mmm..mmm...mmm!










 
Here are some close-up shots of the hidden tag journaling made with the darling Making Memories tags. I added some tiny brads to help pull them.





















The next view is some more journaling & since I just got one of THE best new cartridges to come out by Cricut (A Child's Year) it had an appropriate fairy silhouette that I added to replace a picture that I moved.





















This is a page I did for The Memory Zone design team assignment to use the newest Reminisce "Preschool" Signature series line. The page is fairly simple, but I think it turned out rather cute! Not to mention that the sweet little ABC123 border punch by EK Success is THE perfect accent for this page! And look! There's another cute cut from that latest release from Cricut, called A Child's Year again. If the silhouette image looks a little off, it's because it is. I liked the look of just a shadow of the yellow paper underneath showing through for some added interest. Did you noticed the little crayon sticker I used to point to which child is my daughter? Made the perfect pointer, I thought.




















OK, well I hope I left you with a smile & perhaps a bit of some inspiration too!

God Bless & have a great day!
Photobucket

1 comment:

🌈🌈🌈 said...

What great projects! And boy you killed the two pager girl....it's lovely{what a nice sister too}!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...