Oct 6, 2008

Reminisce Announcement

I read the Reminisce blog this morning to see who won the spot on their DT & the other runner-up winners. I thought that was pretty cool that they gave us an actual date for the announement, BUT - they're having some fun & still making us wait in their own way (little stinkers).

They've included an additional Runner-up spot & I think that's very cool of them to do. They even had a tie for the 4th runner up & lots of Honorable Mentions, another cool thing to do. However, they're only going to announce one Runner-up spot each day until they get to Friday for the HUGE announcement. It was killing us to have to wait until Monday & now we have to keep waiting (unless we're one of the runner-up winners). I know they just love to torment us, but I'm sure they have to keep building the interest.

I thought that maybe they'd send the winner an email ahead of time, just prior to the announcement, but now I'm thinking that just might not be the case. What's a girl to do, but sit & wait each day (fingers drumming, drumming, drumming...)

There are 6 of us Design Team girlz from The Memory Zone that submitted to this call & I'm wishing each of us buckets of luck, but none of us were mentioned in the 4th Runner-up spot, so that leaves 4 spots left to win.

Well, now on to a subject that has been kinda consuming a lot of our time here. My garden shed that my DH is building for me. It's coming along very nicely, if I do say so myself. My hot hubby is so handy I just can't believe what he can do & I'm so glad he's all mine! We found some really old double barn doors, thanks to a friend of mine giving me the lead. And wouldn'tcha know, at this same place, I found THE door of all doors that I was looking for, as well! I was tickled & the barn doors were only $10 & he threw in an extra one & the dream door was only $20 & the windows were still perfectly in tact too. DH had to cut down one of the barn doors to fit the shed opening & it's perfect.

Next, I had to pick paint. Easier said than done apparently. I know the color I want, finding a sample is another story. I thought I found it at Lowes & for $26 I basically got an expensive turquoise primer. hmmm...... Way too bright for what I had in mind. I don't want my shed to look like a dollhouse. So, while I was at my Design Team meeting at the Memory Zone last night, I found a piece of colored cardstock that was close to what I wanted, but just a little darker. So, I take my cute colored piece of cardstock with me to Walmart today & get it matched & she adds a little bit of white to it, but not quite enough and she can't add anymore or the can will be too full. OK, it's better than turquoise & I might even be able to add more white to it here or even try mixing it with the turquoise for a look I might like. We'll see.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

LOL! Okay, seriously don't know how your card slipped by me. Sorry! Well you are ;my lucky winner!

I think I need your address again, so if you don't mind PMing it to me that would be perfect!

I'm just so sad I don't have any of the new embellies for the halloween line yet. Dang it. The papers are way fun though. I'll get them out sometime this week!

:0)

Kristy

Kelly C. said...

Beth!
Congrats Girl! Now, what did you win? Oh, do share! You blog is looking fabulous! Great new changes, really like the country music choices, yee-haw! This Reminisce thing sure is a tough one! I can't believe they're dragging it out after posting that the choice would be announced today! UGH!

🌈🌈🌈 said...

Oooooow! You found a template for your blog! Looking good sista! Keep it up....and wow. That color sounds DEEEE-lish! Can't wait to see you scrap some painting fotos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...